Understanding Islam Acamdemy's mission is to help people learn, love, and live Islam.
As the name itself implies, Understanding Islam Academy, originating in summer 2002, is an endeavour facilitating the learning and understanding of sacred Islamic traditions and sources in the contemporary North American context.
Far from theoretical discourses on 'good to know' subjects, UIA's deliberately designed sessions offer stuff you 'need to know' as a Muslim.
With the help of top Muslim scholars and professionals, UIA offers both on-location and online programs throughout the year.
Objectives of UIA
- Empower our participants with the essential tools to interpret and implement the central message of the Quran and the traditions of the Prophet Muhammd, peace be upon him
- Instil confidence in them through the analysis of rich Islamic history
- Enable them to produce an intellectual Islamic response to the challenges their community and human family are facing today
- Inspire them to actively seek, read, research, and specialize in Islamic sciences
- Harmonize the often conflicting approaches to Islamic learning (the traditional/spiritual, academic, and literal) in our community
- Establish a dynamic and dialectic movement between the Islamic sources and the Canadian environment, required to develop a healthy Canadian Muslim identity